As a volunteer-based space, Kickstand is always looking for folks to get involved and support the community. There are lots of different ways you can volunteer at Kickstand:
- Providing mechanical support to community members in the shop
- Sorting parts & organizing the shop
- Helping out with events
- Doing community outreach
- Fundraising & Grant writing
- Organizational Development
- Communications & Social Media
In addition to supporting the community, there are other perks that come with volunteering at Kickstand. Please note that we require volunteers to contribute a minimum of 5 hours per month in order to access these perks:
- Free workshops on bike mechanics, anti-oppression, bike art and more
- Discounts on parts
- Free shop time on volunteer night (every Thursday from 7-9pm)
Kickstand now holds regular volunteer orientations once a month. If you’re interested in volunteering, please fill out this application and RSVP for the next orientation.
If you are feeling really keen, have a look through our Kickstand Volunteer Manual before you come to the orientation!