As a volunteer-based space, Kickstand is always looking for folks to get involved and support the community. There are lots of different ways you can volunteer at Kickstand:
- Providing mechanical support to community members in the shop
- Sorting parts & organizing the shop
- Helping out with events
- Doing community outreach
- Fundraising & Grant writing
- Organizational Development
- Communications & Social Media
In addition to supporting the community, there are other perks that come with volunteering at Kickstand. Please note that we require volunteers to contribute a minimum of 5 hours per month in order to access these perks:
- Free workshops on bike mechanics, anti-oppression, bike art and more
- Discounts on parts
- Free shop time on volunteer night (every Thursday from 7-9pm)
Kickstand now holds regular volunteer orientations on the 3rd Thursday of every month. If you’re interested in volunteering, please fill out this application and RSVP for the next orientation.
If you are feeling really keen, have a look through our Kickstand Volunteer Manual before you come to the orientation!